
Chiesa di Sant'Anna
Chiesa e convento di Sant’Anna in Pisa stands at the heart of a layered religious complex begun in 1406 for Benedictine sisters, with the church consecrated in 1426. The adjacent monastic building was integrated into the Sant’Anna ensemble, and the complex has carried different lives, including a 1741-47 reconstruction by the Melani brothers, Giuseppe and Francesco, noted Pisa-based architects and painters. The site expanded in 1668 to include the convent of San Girolamo dei Gesuati, and the monks were suppressed in 1786, with the building repurposed as an educational institution in 1809. …
AI-generated from open data and cross-checked, with review where noted. How we write narrations
🎧 Listen in WayWhisper






